Saints John Neumann and Maria Goretti Catholic High School admits students of any race, color, nationality and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students. Our school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality and ethnic origin in the administration of its education policies, or in any school-administered program.
It is the assumption of Saints John Neumann and Maria Goretti Catholic High School that when a parent/guardian registers a student, this registration is an acknowledgement that the student and parent/guardian will abide by and cooperate with all school rules and regulations governing Academics, Discipline, Attendance, Activities, Athletics, and all other aspects of school life.
For additional information or requirements, please contact Admisisons Director Kevin Cassidy Jr. at 215-465-8437 Ext. 229
Visit Neumann-Goretti High School
Open House - The Fall 2013 Neumann-Goretti Open House will take place on Sunday October 13th from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. No pre-registration is required to attend the Open House
Universal Visitation Day- Students are strongly encouraged to attend our Eighth Grade Universal Visitation Day. Held each year in November throughout the Archdiocese, the students spend a full day here at school and participate in classes, games, and are presented much entertainment by our band, orchestra, cheerleaders, and students.
Eighth Grade Scholarship/Placement Test - Fall 2013 test dates will be held on October 12th, October 26th, and November 23rd. All tests will begin at 9 a.m. Test registration fee is $25.00. Registration forms can be found here.
Shadow Days - Prospective students who cannot attend Visitation Day are welcome to spend a day 'shadowing' a current Neumann-Goretti student. They will follow a full roster with our student, so that they may experience a typical day at our High School. Eighth grade student Shadow Days begin during the month of November after Universal Visitation Day. Shadow Day forms can be found here.
Seventh Grade Students - Seventh grade prospective students may attend a Shadow Day at Neumann-Goretti beginning in March.
NG Goes International -Neumann-Goretti, in partnership with 3w International, will be welcoming as many as 20 new students from China in the fall of 2013! These students will live right here on campus in the newly renovated St. Francis convent. These students will attend Neumann-Goretti and will get to learn firsthand what a wonderful community we have right here in South Philadelphia! We welcome our new Saints to the Neumann-Goretti family! The 3W/NG Education and Services Payment letter can be found here. A Neumann-Goretti brochure written in Chinese for interested international students can be found here. All applicants with a Chinese passport should contact our China Office. Contact info can be found here. Neumann-Goretti operates on a rolling admission system with international students. At any point in the year, an international student may apply to Neumann-Goretti through 3W.
The 2014-2015 Tuition Assistance Application is now avalable here. Applications will begin being accepted on October 15th. The application replaces the previously seperate applications for BLOCS, TAP and the Neumann-Goretti indivual Internal Aid form. Parents must complete the application and provide all requested documentation.
**You may download our Neumann-Goretti Tuition Assistance Recommendation Form and have it completed by a teacher, pastor or principal that can fairly evaluate the student's academic and social performance. It is highly recommended to turn in this form along with your Neumann-Goretti Tuition Assistance Application.**
Ellis Grant - Applications and guidelines are available online here and in the Development Office from the end of January. Ellis applicants must be girls who reside in Philadelphia full time, live in a household where one or both parents are absent mentally or physically impaired, are currently enrolled in grades 9-12 during the current school year, and have grades of C or better in major subjects.
**Families currently receiving tuition assistance through TAP, BLOCS, Ellis, or Neumann-Goretti must reapply each spring for the next school year.**
Once a student receives a Scholarship, Grant, or Tuition Assistance, the student must:
- Maintain a grade point average of 80
- Maintain a good conduct average of 80 or better, as well as good attendance record. The discipline attendance record will be reviewed at the end of each semester.
- Join and remain an active participant in at least one extra-curricular activity.
- Perform community service (if applicable).
- The student's family must keep the payment schedule for the remaining tuition current.
- Failure to comply at the end of one semester, with any of the requirements listed above will result in the student being placed on probation. Failure to meet criteria at the end of the probation period will result in forfeiture of the remainder of the Tuition Assistance.
- A serious violation of school policy will result in immediate forfeiture of the Tuition Assistance.
For a list of other potential scholarship opportunities through Pennsylvania programs, please visit the NEWPA website for more information.
For additional information regarding Financial Aid, please contact the Admissions Office at 215-465-8437 Ext. 229
Diocesan High School Tuition Payment Information 2013-2014
- Parental Tuition Rate for One or Two Students in Diocesan HS - $6,150.00
- Rate Per Child for Three Students in Diocesan HS - $4,100.00
- Rate Per Child for Four Students in Diocesan HS - $3,075.00
- Rate Per Child for Non-Catholic Students (paying own supplemental tuition) $7,400.00
School Fees (2013-2014 School Year)
- Registration Fee (upperclass students) - $200.00
- Freshman Registration & new students - $100.00
- School Fee - $500.00 due by April 15, 2013
- ID Card Fee - $10 (for replacement of lost card)
- Fund Raising Fee - $250 due by July 31, 2013
- Late Fee - $15 for each late tuition payment (per month)
- Late Fee - $15 for each late Fee payment (Registration, School Fee, Graduation, Fund Raising)
- NSF Check - $25 for each returned check
- Graduation Fee - $275 due by August 31, 2013 (Seniors only-class of 2014)
- Yearbook Fee - $80 due by October 31, 2013 (optional for Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors; yearbook included in Senior Graduation Fee)
- Basic Athletic Fee (each sport) - $150 due by September 15, 2013 for Fall Sports, $150 due by December 15, 2013 for Winter Sports, and $150 due by March 15, 2014 for Spring Sports
Athletics remains our most heavily subsidized program. Additional fees to be determined for each sport for uniforms, equipment, etc. You will be notified of the cost prior to the start of each season. The fee for each sport is NON-REFUNDABLE for any of the following reasons, no exceptions:
- Once the season begins
- If the student quits the team once the season begins
- If the student is suspended or dismissed from the team
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE